Wednesday, February 15, 2012

10 months old!

Gooser is now 10 months old.  I can hardly believe it!!!!  Still NO teeth.....every morning I check and there's nothing..can't even see them under the gums.  Austin likes to do things at his own pace though, so I'm sure they'll pop out when he's ready for them too...haha.

He's all over the place now. He is not crawling, but he does not sit still and has managed to figure out different ways to get items he wants without having to crawl.   He gets onto his hands and knees and rocks himself.  Yesterday he began to actually crawl a little back backward....usually he scoots backward on his belly.  

He's had his helmet now for over 4 weeks.  Its going well.  He (and I) are completely adjusted to it.  We have a routine when it comes off, gets cleaned, goes back on, etc.  If anything, it actually has been a blessing since Austin is so active now.  We like the fact that we can just let him do what he wants without having to worry about him falling and hitting his head.

I started putting him in the jumper for short periods (we had been avoiding this because it was adding to his asymetry issues) and he LOVES it.  Jumps so high, puts his hands up and just laughs.  So funny. 

And he is starting to babble now too.  Can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE that.  We never had any babbling with Jake...not even after he got his cochlears...he just went straight to words....so to hear the "dadadada, gagaga, jajaja"....simply awesome. 

I have a bunch of videos I need to get on here...unfortunately they aren't loading correctly, so I'll try again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment