Monday, December 17, 2012

'Tis the Season....to be sick!

I'm home today with a lil guy who has Fifths Disease!!!  Yep, broke out in the rash last night and it has gotten worse.  Luckily doctor said that he should feel better tomorrow and can go back to daycare.  Not that I'm complaining about having a day off from work, but I had to take a few days last week off myself because I have MONO!  Yeppers, the big 'ol MONO!  Never had it before as a kid...apparently mine is "acute" mono.  So I was tired and achy, but thanks to some rest (well as much as one can possibly get with having a 20 month old and a 5 year old around) and some meds...I'm feeling pretty darn good thankfully.

So what does one do with some unexpected time on her hands??  Well, update my blog of course.  Haha.  Nothing overly crazy going on.  Thanksgiving was nice, spent with family and just relaxing.  Then I did some black friday shopping, which I have to say just isn't the same since every store is basically open thanksgiving night now...kinda takes the fun away from waking up early and going shopping before the rest of the world is awake.  And I didn't get any great deals this year either.  Oh well.

"Buddy" (our Elf on the Shelf) arrived a few days later from the North Pole and both the boys are loving him.  Austin is having fun too looking for Buddy each morning.  Makes me laugh and its just so cute how excited they get.

Santa has an extra special surprise for Jake this year.  I can't even wait and Jake is going to be so surprised!  (And no its not your typical "toy" that a 5 year old would get)  If you know Jake, you know that he is no typical kid....and his favorite thing to do is play "office" or "school".  He has taken over my desk and our computer area downstairs...so Santa has a surprise just for him!

So lets just hope for a low key, illness free, holiday!    Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!!!!

Trying to do Christmas card photos....
Austin not "having" it



After about a dozen not so good ones, I finally got one with both of them smiling  :)

*My heart goes out to Newtown, CT and all of the families who lost a loved one...I can't even imagine*  They are all in my thoughts and prayers...








No comments:

Post a Comment