Wednesday, June 1, 2011

7 weeks already

Yes, hard to believe that Austin is 7 weeks old already.  Its been a few weeks since I've last posted.  We've been busy.  And I'm happy to report that we've just been busy with "normal" things.  Nothing major to report other than Austin continues to do great.  He had his two week post op appointment last week and everything looks great.  His incision is healing very nicely and he just acts like a normal seven week old.  Can't even express the miracle and blessing we have been given with him.  I read back to my earlier posts after his diagnosis and I get sick to my stomach.  I wish I had known back then what I know now and didn't have all of those months of worries.  But I continue to put my faith in the Lord and have seen all that he can do and will continue to do for Austin, Jake and the rest of our family.   Blessed beyond words. 

We have decided to hold off on the stem cell infusion for now.  We were supposed to be going this month, but its a huge financial burden and since Austin is doing so well, we feel that it does not have to be a rush at this point.  Austin will have a MRI in August to see how his brain is fluffing out since the shunt was placed and if at that point there is anything alarming, we can always call Duke and get the infusion scheduled.  I still really believe that it can only help Austin in the long run, but I'm ok with waiting for now.

I have noticed that Austin likes to keep his thumbs tucked in most of the time.  I talked to Jake's physical therapist about this and she suggested that we do some infant massage with him, to get him to loosen up.  So now I just have to learn how to do it. 

Jake continues to be obsessed with Austin.  He just loves him so much.  And he's so cute with him.  The first thing he says when he wakes up is "Where is Austin"?  And the last thing before he goes to bed is to check and make sure Austin is ok.  I love it.  Here are some snaps I got tonight of the boys doing their daily "tummy time"...haha...





No comments:

Post a Comment