Sunday, April 1, 2012

On the move....

I haven't had a chance to sit down it feels like lately...and that is a good thing!!!  Austin is really on the move these days!  Along with the crawling, which has turned into "speed crawling", Austin now is pulling to stand and even cruising a little.  He picked it all up so fast, I'm so excited to see all his new milestones these next few weeks.  And with all of this activity, Kevin and I have had to do some major baby proofing around the house.  He loves Jakes toys....and Jake's playroom is his favorite.  He can get from one end of the house to the other if he sees that playroom door open, in two seconds flat.  So funny to watch him in super speed!  Love it!

Two weeks ago, Physical therapist was a little concerned that Austin's torticollis is still significant after all this time and wanted us to make sure his neck tubing wasn't getting stuck or pulled in his neck.  We went to the surgeon and she said it was fine.  His head circumference is measuring a steady 46 cm (it was 46 cm about six weeks prior), which has now taken him from the 75th percentile to the 50th on the charts.  Pretty awesome.  I also think the helmet shaping has something to do with the HC staying the same...no one has said that, but it makes sense to me...that its rounding his head and would measure less.  I dunno.

He now has a double ear infection and is on medication.  But it sure doesn't stop him.  He cut his second tooth this morning and he is no longer interested in baby food.  He wants to have whatever we are having.  I'm getting better at giving him "big boy" food, but still give really, really small portions because he doesn't have that many teeth yet.  But hes doing awesome with the food. 

This week we go back for a helmet check.  I'm torn...I really like having the helmet for safety reasons, but really think it would be so much better for him with his torticollis if he didn't wear the helmet anymore.  Realistically though, we are only talking a few more weeks if the tech says that its not ready to come off this week.  So, I'm ok either way.

We're getting ready for his birthday!  I have lots of ideas and hoping the whole theme comes together nicely.  Can't believe he's going to be one already.  I remember vividly how I felt last year at this time...so much anxiety, so much uncertainty, so much planning, and worrying, and crying, and praying....this year has been a whirlwind and every day I'm so thankful for the joy that Austin has brought into our lives.  Kevin and I got teary-eyed this morning just watching him, pulling up to look out the window because Jake was looking out the window.  What a blessing this little boy is....and miracle to all eyes....seems fitting that Austin's birthday is right around Easter. 

Here's a two minute clip into Austin's life....Mr. Busy....

No comments:

Post a Comment